National Sales Director
National Sales Director
A national sales director is responsible for monitoring the sales targets and
performance of the sales force across the country's regions. National sales
directors handle the execution and release of goods and services according to
market trends and public demands. They strategize on related business
opportunities to identify additional resources that would increase the company's
revenue and profitability. A national sales director conducts data and statistical
analysis to determine pricing techniques, considering the availability of supplies
and its market demands.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES & OBJECTIVES
● Manage relationships, POS, and oversee coffee sales for key core
● Lead team on product redesign to web-based SaaS infrastructure and
generate feature content based on customer need and marketability.
● Develop sales territory by building strong client relationships within a highly
● Develop key POS material to assist the sales force across the country.
● Partner with vendors to obtain quality merchandise at desirable price
points to obtain highest ROI and profit optimization.
● Follow up with program recap including syndicate research to support
effectiveness of program as well as ROI analysis.
● Develop marketing campaigns, concepts and creative promotions including
ad copy for trade publications, the Internet, brochures and mail-outs.
● Skill in internet operations and networking software
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
● Develop modules for wholesaler territory management, presentation skills,
selling skills and overcoming objections.
● Reverse negative relationship with distributors through personal
relationship building, changes in sales execution, and implementation of
new distributor programs.
● Establish collaborative relationships within Wal-Mart to ensure successful
execution of the in-store experience within beauty for test and new formats.
OBJECTIVES AND RELATED JOB RESULTS
● Sales Goals, 21%
Designed printable and electronic specification catalogs for dealers and
distributors to support sales goals.
● Sales Process, 10%
Manage C-level sales process from proposal development, financial
underwriting and contract negotiation, resulting in finalist presentations and
● CRM, 8%
Recruited to join an international software firm to drive the launch of a new
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and solutions
● Revenue Growth, 7%
Restructured customer service function to substantially improve quality of
support and frequency of customer contact in support of aggressive growth
● Business Development, 7%
Direct reports included four regional managers, Business Development
Manager, six customer service representatives, and National Chain
● Healthcare, 7%
Developed sales initiative focusing on educational, government, and public
"Sales Goals," "Sales Process," and "CRM" aren't the only skills we found on the
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE/ TRAINING/ QUALIFICATIONS
To become a national sales director, you need an MBA in Business Administration or a related field. You need a minimum of five years of relevant work experience. You must possess communication, presentation, selling, interpersonal, creativity, analytical, leadership, and technical skills.
Initiative and Commitment to Achieve
• Organizing for Results
• Effective Communication
• Influence and Negotiation
• Problem solving and Decision making
OTHER RELEVANT COMPETENCIES
• Continuous learning
• Business Awareness
● Ability to train and manage staff.
● Ability to work with little to no supervision